Our Company

Indonesia's prominent telecommunication provider through services for retail customers and offers business solutions to corporate customers with wide network and service coverage throughout Indonesia

XL Axiata at a Glance

XL Axiata at a Glance

With more than 17 years of experience operating in the Indonesian market, PT XL Axiata Tbk. (XL) is one of the leading mobile service providers in Indonesia. Currently, XL is considered one of the leading providers of cellular services for Data and Telephony in Indonesia.

XL Initially starting business as a trading and general services company established on 6 October 1989 under the name of PT Grahametropolitan Lestari. In 1996, XL Axiata entered the telecommunications field after obtaining a GSM 900 operating license and officially launching its GSM services, becoming the first private company in Indonesia to provide cellular mobile telephony services.  Later on, following a cooperation agreement with the Rajawali Group and three foreign investors (NYNEX, AIF and Mitsui), XL Axiata name was changed to PT Excelcomindo Pratama.

In September 2005, XL Axiata launched an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and listed its shares on the Jakarta Stock Exchange now known as the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX). At that time, XL Axiata was a subsidiary of Indocel Holding Sdn. Bhd., which is now known as Axiata Investment (Indonesia) Sdn. Bhd., which all shares owned by TM International Sdn.Bhd., (“TMI”) through TM International (L) Limited. In 2009, TMI changed its name to Axiata Group Berhad (“Axiata”) which later in the same year PT Excelcomindo Pratama Tbk. also changed its name to PT XLAxiata Tbk. for synergy purpose. Currently, the majority of XL Axiata’s shares are owned by Axiata through Axiata Investments (Indonesia) Sdn. Bhd. (66.4%) and the remaining is held by the public (33.6%).

As a leading market player in Indonesia, XL Axiata provides services for retail customers and offers business solutions to corporate customers with wide network and service coverage throughout Indonesia. The services include Data, Voice, SMS and other value added digital services. XL Axiata operates its network on GSM 900/DCS 1800 and IMT-2000/3G technologies.

XL Axiata also holds a Content Provider License, Internet Services Provider (ISP), Internet Interconnection Services License, Voice Over Internet Protocol License, Leased Line License, Money Remittance as well as E-Money Issuer License from the Central Bank of Indonesia, which enables XL Axiata to provide remittance service to its subscribers.

View More

Get to Know Us Better


Where Our Journey Has Taken Us So Far

Our Vision, Purpose and Culture

Get to Know Our Board of Directors

Meet Our Board of Commisioners

Organization Structure

Ownership & Group Structure

Article of Association

Have a Question on
Our Company?
Please Contact: